Submission deadline for the upcoming ALFILM is December the 6th.
Please read carefully!
For your entry to be considered please fill out the entry form in English. In case of any questions please refer to our FAQs first.
Only digital entries will be accepted. Please make sure to add the online screener and the password (if requested) to the submission form. Do NOT send/add a Wetransfer link or link of any other services, that have an expiry period.
If you don’t have a link, you will be provided with a dropbox link upon completing submission, where you can manually upload your films. Please make sure to include the international title and the director in the file’s name to avoid confusion.
All online screeners should be available und downloadable until March. The download option doesn’t have to be the original resolution.
Submission deadline is December the 6th.
Guidelines and Regulations
Please read these guidelines and regulations in their entirety.
- The person who is filling out the Entry Form “Submitter” warrants that he/she has read and understood the guidelines, regulations, and requirements; and holds all necessary rights considering the usage granted to ALFILM Festival herein, and is authorized to grant and does hereby grant said rights to ALFILM.
- Submission to the festival’s Official Selection is open to feature films, documentaries, animation, experimental films, video art and short films which were produced within the last 3 years prior to the current festival edition. The festival accepts entries that are either produced or co-produced in an Arab country, or by an Arab director, or closely related to the Arab world.
- In case that films have dialogues in other languages than German or English, they must be subtitled either in German or English.
- To be eligible for ALFILM, the online submission form must be completed and an online screener has to be submitted. Promotional materials will be requested in the event of a selection.
- Films can only be submitted digitally. You will be asked to submit an online screener (Vimeo, Dropbox or GoogleDrive) and a password in the submission form. All online screeners should be available und downloadable until March. The download option doesn’t have to be in the original resolution.
- Links of WeTransfer or of any other digital services with an expiry period will NOT be accepted. If you don’t have an online screener, you will receive a dropbox link upon completing submission, where you can manually upload your films. Please make sure to always include the international title and the director in the file’s name to avoid confusion.
- ALFILM accepts submissions on a year-round basis. Entries received after the submission deadline will be considered automatically for the following year, there is no need to resubmit the same film again.
- Submission does not guarantee a screening of the film in the festival.
- Due to an enormous number of entries the festival will only inform the entrants whose films were selected about the selection results. The festival’s programme committee is not obliged to explain their decisions.
No requests regarding the selection results will be processed in the meantime. Please turn to our FAQ for more info.
- Film formats and video systems that can be presented at the festival are: 35mm, Digital Cinema Packages (DCP), BluRay and DVD, as well as MPEG files and Quick Time. Please check our technical specifications for further details. Presentation of other formats and video systems requires the authorization of the festival.
- Selected films will be presented up to three (3) times at the festival. After February 15th, a selected film cannot be withdrawn from the programme.
- The Submitter authorizes ALFILM to use all submitted promotional material and up to 1 minute clips of the film for any promotional activity of the film or the festival, including the clip’s broadcasting on televisions and their web sites, as on ALFILM‘s website, and the festival’s partners media and promotional web sites.